Innovation & brand extension in casual dining. Change is the only constant…
Innovation & Brand Extension in Casual Dining…
Franco Manca opens in Debenhams Westfield, sharpens click & collect offer…
- The fast-growing Franco Manca might soon be opening concessions in up to 30 Debenhams sites, as highlighted in the retailer’s latest trading update (see 3rd last para – http://tinyurl.com/hgfqnt5)
- Debs’ Westfield White City store will shortly house a Franco Manca unit.
- The 22-strong pizza operator has recently moved beyond London with openings in Brighton and Guildford.
Brand extension, de-risked roll-out?
- This news offers an alternative method of further establishing Franco Manca’s presence across the country.
- The agreement represents an opportunity for the pizza chain to materially enhance the size of its estate and to add impetus to its national roll-out.
- Furthermore, it shows that Franco Manca is ready to think outside the box and is not afraid to blur the lines between general retail and casual dining, in what is a fiercely competitive and evolving environment.
Delivery, Click & Collect also growing:
- Amazon (currently running a restaurant trial) & Uber Eats could force down delivery costs.
- Meanwhile Deliveroo & Just Eat continue to grow
- And Click & Collect – (e.g. https://order.francomanca.co.uk/#/ ) remains a viable alternative.