Langton Capital – 2020-09-14 -Covid-19:
A DAY IN THE COVID-19 LIFE…
Langton was the lucky winner of a positive Covid-19 test result on Thursday evening which, after several days of worsening symptoms, didn’t in the end come as much of a shock.
On the good side, it means we did the test right, we filled in our contact details correctly and we’re not one of Matt Hancock’s (probably fictitious) frivolous testers.
But most other implications are negative and, after having had to pre-write Friday’s piece, it’s become a routine of 16hrs in bed and 8hrs wrapped up and shivering in front of the TV.
And that 1) makes it sound better than it really is and 2) makes writing the Daily a challenge so, for the short term at least, the email will have to be on hold.
Almost 400k people in the UK have had the illness and all of them have a story to tell. We don’t want to be a Covid bore but just a few thoughts:
• The virus really is, very much still out there
• You don’t have to lick bus-stops, kiss strangers or put your hands in your mouth every couple of minutes to catch it.
• It isn’t a picnic, there is a strong correlation between reopening the economy and this second spike and the politicians know that.
• They may well do whatever the governments of France and Spain do but c10dys later – so watch that space.
• The Track & Trace system is something at least but it’s an algorithm, a blunt instrument and a bit of an idiot.
• On a brighter note, Hull City is third in its (albeit pitifully low) division.
Anyway, tweets during the week, maybe an email by the end but visits to London (this week and next, the first in six months) have had to be cancelled. Normality delayed, not good timing.
ADVERTISE WITH US:
Langton’s free email now carries adverts. See front page of website for today’s copy & contact us for further details.
TRADING STATEMENTS & EVENTS:
Upcoming results are set out below:
• 16 Sept 20 Loungers FY numbers
• 24 Sept 20 Safestay H1 numbers
• 28 Sept 20 Diageo AGM
• 28 Sept 20 Time Out AGM
• 30 Sept 20 Compass Group FY update
• 30 Sept 20 Everyman Media H1 numbers
• 30 Sept 20 888 Holdings H1 numbers
• 1 Oct 20 Pepsi Q3 numbers
• 1 Oct 20 Constellation Brands Q2 numbers
• 6 Oct 20 Restaurant Group H1 numbers
• 9 Oct 20 JD Wetherspoon FY numbers
• 22 Oct 20 Gear 4 Music trading update
• By 31 Oct 20 DP Poland H1 numbers
• 3 Nov 20 DART Group AGM
• 17 Nov 20 Gear 4 Music H1 numbers
• 19 Nov 20 Dart Group H1 numbers
• 24 Nov 20 Compass Group FY numbers
• 26 Nov 20 Britvic FY numbers
Many results are likely to be delayed. For information purposes, the results below were delivered at these dates last year.
2019 COMPARATIVE RESULTS:
28 Aug 19 Fulham Shore AGM, 30 Aug 19 Gear 4 Music AGM, 6 Sep 19 Greene King AGM, 10 Sep 19 888 Holdings H1, 12 Sep 19 Comptoir H1, 19 Sep 19 Diageo AGM, 19 Sep 19 City Pub Group H1, 19 Sep 19 Saga H1, 23 Sep 19 Brighton Pier Group FY, 24 Sep 19 TUI Group FY trading update, 24 Sep 19 DP Poland H1, 24 Sep 19 Ten Entertainment H1, 24 Sep 19 Hotel Chocolat FY, 24 Sep 19 AG Barr trading update, 24 Sep 19 Tasty H1, 25 Sep 19 Shepherd Neame FY, 26 Sep 19 Time Out H1, 26 Sep 19 M&B FY trading update, 26 Sep 19 SSP FY update. 27 Sep 19 Escape Hunt H1
• Nothing yesterday
LANGTON CAPITAL: Made in Hull. Like all the best things. Langton Capital is a financial advisory company providing insightful views on the UK and global leisure industry and the wider consumer sector in general. Subscription to the daily email is free. Unsubscribing is painless. We provide daily off the shelf and bespoke research. We have helped with transactions, fund-raisings, disposals and other corporate issues. We have a good ear, we are impartial, independent and not half bad at what we do. If you think that we could help you or your business, drop us a line.